Founded in 1882, the company is currently managed by the third generation of the family with Giovanni and Michele Gervasoni.
The aesthetic standards and production techniques have changed over the years.
Not the passion for beauty and artfully made.
Attention to detail, the use of natural materials crafted with mastery, suggestions of places near and far remain the hallmarks of Gervasoni products.
The company designs, develops, manufactures and markets furniture solutions for the home and for the contract sector in its production facility of 40000 sq. m in Pavia di Udine, that has 90 employees.
Collaboration with some of the most qualified designers such as Paola Navone – artistic director of the company – Marco Piva, Michael Sodeau and Jasper Startup, guarantees the aesthetic quality of the products and continued experimentation with new materials.
Today the Gervasoni Company is a broad and qualified reality.
Following the family’s entrepreneurial vocation, in 2009 Giovanni and Michele Gervasoni acquired IFA srl – a company specialised in the production of high quality wooden chairs – launching the brand Very Wood reserved for the contract market.
Graduated in 1973 in architecture from the Turin Politecnico. Between 1970 and 1980 worked alongside Alessandro Mendini, Ettore Sottsass Jr. and Andrea Branzi in the Alchimia group, the most progressive set on the Italian design scene, developing a highly productive and stimulating avant-garde stance which gained her, in 1983, the prestigious Osaka International Design Award, bestowed for the first time that year.
Born in Turin, she later moved to Milan, although she is first and foremost a citizen of the world: driven by her extreme interest in the most widely differing cultures – particularly oriental ones – she travels a great deal, bowing to a natural inclination to cross boundaries, and not only geographical ones. In her long and many-sided career she has switched easily between the roles of architect, designer, art director, interior designer, critic, teacher and organiser of exhibitions and events, both independently and for select clients: Abet Laminati, Armani Casa, Knoll International, Alessi, Piazza Sempione, Mondo, Driade, Orizzonti, Arcade, Oltrefrontiera, Casamilano, Antonangeli, Dada, Molteni, Natuzzi, Roche Bobois and Swarovski being only some examples. She has handled art direction at Gervasoni since 1998, in addition to designing most of the collections personally.
- All Clearance items are sold as-is and are a final sale. There are no refunds or exchanges provided once the item is purchased.
- Warranty is not applicable to clearance sale items.
- Kindly take note that items may be discoloured, faded, or worn on spots as it has been a showroom display model.
- Please take note that items do not come with their original boxes.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the product in store before purchasing. All images are used for illustration purposes only.
- All items are first come, first serve. Please contact the Xtra Retail Showroom at 65 6336 0688 (Marina Square) to confirm availability, quantity or should you need further clarifications.